LI-LIB is a listserv for Long Island Librarians. The list is un-moderated, and any topic that is relevant to life in Lon Island Libraries is open for discussion. If you would like to subscribe, we only ask that you abide by the following two rules:
- Please do not post personal messages. Use the SEND command with the person’s address if want answer someone on the list. Only use the REPLY command if you want to respond to the whole list.
- Be considerate. When you are posting a message, remember that there is a person behind every username. Lively debate is encouraged, rudeness is not.
How to Subscribe to the List
- Send an e-mail message to: email@example.com
- Leave the subject line blank.
- In the body of the message type: subscribe li-lib.
How to Send Messages to LI-LIB
The most confusing things about mailing lists is that there two different addresses. The “mailing list server” address handles the administrative functions for the list. The “list” address (in this case LI-LIB) is the address you use to post messages to the list.
To post a message on the LI-LIB, send an email message to:
Messages will usually be posted immediately, but there are may be unforeseen circumstances where it might take a day or two. If your message is not posted within a couple of days, resend it. You can only send messages if you are subscribed to the list!
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions you can email Kevin McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.