April’s TIF meeting will be a joint meeting with our counterparts from NCLA. This is turning into a bi-annual event because we all have the same goals and issues, so why not share! These joint meetings have been a terrific way for us to share knowledge across county borders… Don’t miss out! Bring your questions, stories and technology victories!
Joint NCLA/SCLA CATSTIF Technology Meeting taking place at the Merrick Library on Thursday, April 5th at 10am.
Some potential discussion items include:
· Using Software to track patron queries at service desks for state report stats (https://gimlet.us/)
· Wifi-based patron counters for attendance tracking
· Use of tablets for ready reference and the demoing of apps like Hoopla, Flipster, Libby, etc.
· Net Neutrality status
· Current “flavor of the month” for secure cloud backup of confidential files
· PLA Conference 2018 Recap – any cool tech stuff mentioned at PLA 2018?
· Windows 10 and Innovative Interfaces Sierra woes
· The creation of formal library “Technology Plans”
Directions to The Merrick Library.
If you can’t make this joint meeting, our next will be in September at the Sachem Public Library.
The Computer and Technical Services division of SCLA (CATS) is pleased to announce an upcoming tour of StonyBrook University’s iCREATE Innovation Lab, to take place on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 12 p.m.
The Innovation Lab is comprised of
three on-campus makerspaces that feature things like vinyl cutters, 3D printers, and green screen and virtual reality technologies. Attendees should park at the Administration Parking Garage
. A student volunteer will be on hand to direct the group from there.