April’s TIF meeting will be a joint meeting with our counterparts from NCLA. This is turning into a bi-annual event because we all have the same goals and issues, so why not share! These joint meetings have been a terrific way for us to share knowledge across county borders… Don’t miss out! Bring your questions, stories and technology victories!
Joint NCLA/SCLA CATSTIF Technology Meeting taking place at the Merrick Library on Thursday, April 5th at 10am.
Some potential discussion items include:
· Using Software to track patron queries at service desks for state report stats (https://gimlet.us/)
· Wifi-based patron counters for attendance tracking
· Use of tablets for ready reference and the demoing of apps like Hoopla, Flipster, Libby, etc.
· Net Neutrality status
· Current “flavor of the month” for secure cloud backup of confidential files
· PLA Conference 2018 Recap – any cool tech stuff mentioned at PLA 2018?
· Windows 10 and Innovative Interfaces Sierra woes
· The creation of formal library “Technology Plans”
Directions to The Merrick Library.
If you can’t make this joint meeting, our next will be in September at the Sachem Public Library.